Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
Ripe avocado halves stuffed with chili-spiced shrimp, herbs, and tomatoes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 medium to large ripe avocado halved and pit removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 ounces of peeled and deveined small or medium shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with chili powder and salt to taste, then add them to the pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 3 minutes, or until shrimp and pink and opaque.
Pour the lime juice over the shrimp, toss to coat.
Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper.
Spoon the shrimp mixture evenly into each avocado half. Sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro and serve.