GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
This family friendly easy recipe combines chicken breasts and baby potatoes in fresh garlic butter sauce topped with mozzarella.
Prep Time5 mins
Active Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- I lb. baby potatoes if larger than one inch slice in half
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Salt and pepper both side of the chicken breasts and place in single layer in casserole dish. Top with with baby potatoes.
In large skillet melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Pour garlic butter over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with half the crushed pepper and half the dried parsley.
Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Top evenly with both cheeses and the rest of the crushed pepper and dried parsley. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn broiler on the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the tops.
- Stay close by when the broiler is on. They are unpredictable.
- Season to your taste. If you like a lot of spicy seasoning be generous with the crushed red pepper.Keep the children in mind if you are serving them. If you have a delicate palate skip the crushed red pepper and go for something more mild like rosemary or thyme.