Who knew Garlicky Butter Chicken could be so delicious and attractive? A lot of people might not know what this meat is called. It’s actually considered to be very popular meat in South Africa. It’s also used in many African cuisines such as Somali, Zulu, and others.
What makes Garlicky Butter Chicken very good? Its spicy flavor. When the meat is mixed with spices, the flavor is stronger than a normal chicken; the main reason why it’s popular in cooking.
Recipe. Once you’ve chosen your chicken you can get started on the recipe. As mentioned above, the spices must be in high amounts. You should cook it for a couple of hours and keep it warm to avoid it from becoming soggy.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
As to how the butter chicken is prepared, this is similar to any other preparation where the temperature of the ingredients should be high. Although the turkey meat is still raw, it needs to be cooked using spices to prevent it from going soggy.
The first step of the recipe is to marinate the butter chicken. Place it in an ice bath and let it soak for some time. The water allows the meat to stay warm so the marinade can be in contact with the meat.
After the meat has soaked, make sure you chop it up so it will look better when placed on your table. Then take a large skillet or a frying pan and heat it over medium heat.
Next, you need to put in a spice mix. Be careful with the combinations that you use. Spices should have low moisture so it doesn’t become too soggy.
While the oil is heating, prepare your pan by brushing it with olive oil or cooking spray. If you’re using it, the less oil you use, the better. Some people like to add onions and garlic; this helps the flavor of the butter chicken.
Now your butter chicken is ready. When the oil is hot, place your chicken in it and deep fry it until it’s cooked through.
As the fat is cooked, you can then shred it into pieces using a food processor. Garlic powder and ginger are the best spices to use.
Now the next step is to serve your butter chicken. Slice it into quarters and serve on skewers. You can even serve it with a bowl of potato salad with a slice of lemon!
The secret of this Garlicky Butter Chicken is how spicy it can be. Serve it with white rice and some beans.
GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- I lb. baby potatoes if larger than one inch slice in half
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Salt and pepper both side of the chicken breasts and place in single layer in casserole dish. Top with with baby potatoes.
- In large skillet melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour garlic butter over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with half the crushed pepper and half the dried parsley.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Top evenly with both cheeses and the rest of the crushed pepper and dried parsley. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Turn broiler on the last minute of cooking to lightly brown the tops.
- Stay close by when the broiler is on. They are unpredictable.
- Season to your taste. If you like a lot of spicy seasoning be generous with the crushed red pepper.Keep the children in mind if you are serving them. If you have a delicate palate skip the crushed red pepper and go for something more mild like rosemary or thyme.